Water Damage is always a time sensitive project. From the moment water intrusion occurs, the race to mitigate water damage and prevent secondary damages such as microbial growth begins. Unfortunately, in far too many cases we remain unaware of mold or water damage until the problem has already gone out of hand.
Metrix Restoration water damage professionals are IICRC Certified- the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification- and specially trained.
Our professionals are screened, qualified experts, capable of assessing and performing the exact remediation protocol for your home or office. Water damage, from humidity condensation, a steady drip, toilet overflow or basement flood should always be considered an emergency. Water damage not only ruins building materials, furnishings and other valuables, if left unresolved will lead to elevated microbial presence, capable of increasing or causing serious health conditions.
What should I do if I discover Water Damage in my home or office?
- The first step is call Metrix Restoration or schedule an appointment online. We offer 24 hour Emergency Service.
- Identify any potential electrical hazards and remember to be mindful of slippery surfaces.
- Ventilate the effected area by opening doors, windows, and turning on fans. Use your best judgement and remain practical.
- Clear out the effected area as best you can, hang rugs or other upholstery up to dry in a well ventilated space.
- Remove as much water as you can, wipe down walls, wooden furniture and other porous content.
- Use clear plastic or aluminum foil to minimize furniture stains on wet carpet
What is the Water Damage Restoration Process?
Water damage restoration like mold remediation, should only be handled by a team of certified and experienced professionals. The following provides a basic outline of the process.
- Conduct the initial inspection using sophisticated, industry specialized equipment. A project manager will work directly with your insurance adjuster to make the restoration process as smooth and stress-less as possible. Flexible payment financing is also available.
- Control the spread of contamination.
- Mitigate further damage.
- Control moisture intrusion.
- Dehumidify and ventilate.
- Complete a final inspection with post remediation testing and Free 6 month follow up. These services come standard with the Metrix Restoration Service Warranty.
- Begin reconstruction.
Throughout every step of the process, the unique and special needs of your home or office are integrated into our plan of action. We cover all bases to ensure that the indoor environmental quality of the restoration zone is not an issue after upon project completion and that your indoor air quality passes set standards for air born mold and mildew.
Whether you’re dealing with the aftermath of a flood, a plumbing leak, or other disaster, Metrix Restoration has your water damage restoration needs covered.